Thursday, June 27, 2019

2019-06-08 Fire Cove

My buddies from my "used to job" asked if I wanted to link up with then at the Fire Cove dock, which is deep inside Neets Bay.  I had commitments for Friday evening so I left Saturday morning to meet up with them out there.  It was about 4 hour run for me to get there.

The dock at Fire Cove is very small and they had 3 boats there already, so I had to raft onto one of the other boats.

Sorry I did not get any pictures.

They each had a 4 wheeler, and two of them had dogs with them.  So it was a lively group at the small dock.

We took the 4 wheelers up the road system a good long ways, perhaps 7 or 8 miles, and then stopped to fish in some of the ponds and streams that we found.  Trout fishing was generally good and we kept a nice assortment of cut throats which eventually became appetizers for our dinner that night.

We had a nice gas fired fire place and with comfortable deck chairs enjoyed our appetizers and then later our dinner out on the dock.

I only stayed the one night and so headed back the next morning.  It was a long way to go for one over nighter, I admit, but a good time was had by all.


No comments:

Post a Comment